PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT
SOME IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW AND PREPARE FOR BEFORE ATTENDING YOUR APPOINTMENT
- If you have long hair, please ensure it is securely tied up when you come to attend your appointment. Especially ear piercing related appointments. Hair makes it extremely difficult to work around.
- Please be aware that you will NOT be allowed to bring anyone with you into the procedure room, this is to limit and prevent distractions in a professional and clinical environment. The only exception in this case, is for a parent or guardian legally needing to accompany a minor.
- If you have young children, please leave them at home, they will not be permitted into the procedure room and they can not be left unattended in the Studio. We do not allow pushchairs into the studio for safety reasons. No exceptions.
- Make sure you have eaten within the last four hours, ensure you are properly hydrated. A drop in blood sugar levels can sometimes result in piercees feeling faint or unwell. It may be a good idea to bring along a sugary snack, particularly if you have felt faint and unwell when having a piercing in the past.
- Consider any holidays or events you may have coming up, which could hinder your ability to properly maintain your aftercare routine, it may be better to postpone until after your holiday.
- Lifestyle, consider your lifestyle, do you regularly go swimming, play rough sports? What is your profession? Do you wear a uniform, protective face masks, helmets or stethoscopes regularly? These may all be things that you will need to consider carefully when it comes to committing to healing a new piercing. You can always discuss with your piercer and highlight any concerns.